The Jack Singer Concert Hall in Arts Commons is described as one of the most beautiful and acoustically acclaimed venues in North America.
As the home of Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra, BD&P World Music, and TD Jazz, audiences are treated to some of the world's finest musical events. Special features incorporated into the hall design allow rentals to outside promoters and the community, providing a spectrum of entertainment year-round.
- Seating capacity up to 1797.
- A stage measuring up to 86' wide and nearly 38' deep.
- Suspended high above the stage is a laminated, 185,000-pound (90-ton) spruce-wood acoustical canopy that can be raised or lowered to tune the hall according to the specific needs of each performer.
- In August 2004, the Jack Singer Concert Hall was upgraded with a new million dollar sound system, including a state-of-the-art hearing assistance system.
- The main level of the concert hall is fully wheelchair accessible with flexible seating options.
- A massive upgrade in 2014 replaced all analog sound boards with state-of-the-art technology for the best possible sound.
Named after Mr. Jack Singer ($1.5M contribution from his sons, Alan and Stephen Singer), the concert hall is also the home of the Carthy Organ donated by the Carthy Foundation in the amount of $750,000 in memory of Mrs. Margaret Mannix.
Download Seating Plan