Are you fun, energetic, engaging and eager to help others? How about kind and friendly to a fault? Do you do well under pressure and have the ability to keep a level head? Are you passionate about the arts?
If this sounds like you, then we might have just the right thing for you! Arts Commons is seeking fun, enthusiastic, and friendly team players to fill the position of Sales & Box Office Representative.
Reporting to the Manager of Ticketing Services, the Sales & Box Office Representative’s key responsibilities are to sell live event tickets to single ticket purchasers, facilitate new and renewing subscriptions for Arts Commons’ performances, and to provide the highest level of customer service while doing so. The Sales & Box Office Representative is the face of Arts Commons and therefore should possess a positive and fun attitude, as well as an interest in the arts.
- Engage in ticket sales (by phone or in person) using the Tessitura ticketing system
- Adhere to Arts Commons over-arching marketing strategies to promote and inform new patrons about the benefits of becoming a subscriber
- Actively participate in all incoming and outbound call campaigns, as part of an overall sales and marketing strategy
- Provide superior customer service, ensuring team members and patrons alike are treated with trust, respect and compassion
- Cultivate a positive patron experience through respectful interactions in person and over the telephone, with our existing and new customers
- Become familiar with all aspects of Arts Commons and its resident companies in order to provide patrons and potential customers with accurate information
- Process and track purchases, ticket exchanges, ticket re-prints, etc.
- Balance and account for cash and charge/debit receipts for daily sales transactions
- Keep accurate and legible accounting and communications records
- Organize and distribute “will call” tickets
- Provide general building information and assist patrons in finding their appropriate venue
- Other duties, as assigned
Key skills and competencies include:
Box Office Hours:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service role
- Minimum high school diploma
- Previous call centre and/or ticketing/box office service experience preferred
- General office and cash handling experience is an asset
- Ability to learn new software/programs quickly
- Skilled with the Windows operating system
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to translate complex instructions or industry specific concepts into simple directions
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure during peak times
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Enjoys working with the public in a variety of capacities
- Experience with Tessitura ticketing system an asset
(Hours subject to change and will vary with event schedules)
- Weekdays: 9:00-20:00
- Saturdays: 10:00-18:00
- Sundays (call centre only, on a seasonal basis): 12:00-16:00
This is a year-round casual/part-time hourly position with flexible hours, competitive wage and a wide range of perks. There is the possibility of up to 40 hours per week depending on availability. Successful applicants will be required to submit availability for a minimum of two weekends per month in addition to weekday and evening availability.
To apply, please forward your resume in confidence to:
205 - 8th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
Please state the position you are applying for. No phone calls please. We thank all interested applicants in advance, but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.