Arts Commons is an inspirational gathering place for all Calgarians and visitors, where creativity is expressed daily – in immersive and engaging ways. A place, both physical and metaphorical, that stimulates the senses, triggers emotions, challenges assumptions, starts conversations and opens minds. Welcoming over 600,000 visitors a year, Arts Commons is a key contributor to the social, economic, cultural and intellectual life and well-being of the citizens of Calgary.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the full-time position of Event Sales Coordinator. The primary function of the Event Sales Coordinator is to strategically book the facilities and related services to maximize revenues, and to coordinate events at Arts Commons in a professional manner. Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service & Events, the Event Sales Coordinator provides support to both staff and management teams. Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Respond to Event Inquiries in a timely manner and create accurate estimates and contracts for all events;
- Create, maintain and develop relationships with clients, partners, and internal departments;
- Executing sales strategies to develop client and event opportunities;
- Initiate sales calls and visits to (potential) clients;
- Takes the lead on projects and services aimed at improving client relations and revenues and Arts Commons’ mandate.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through all stages of the event planning process, from inquiry to invoice.
- Ensure that all event details are advanced in a timely, professional manner; this includes coordinating catering and AV partners.
- Assist in clients’ event planning and internal event requirements;
- Assist with on-site event execution, when required;
- Liaise with vendors and partners and ensure that all contractual obligations are met;
- Work closely with members of the Venue & Event Management Team.
The Event Sales Coordinator is a key member of the Venue & Event Management team, and plays an integral role in helping achieve Arts Commons’ organizational goals.
Applicants should have a certificate or diploma in Event Planning or a related field, and 2-3 years’ experience in an event planning or sales coordination role. Other desired skills and qualifications include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Customer Service skills and experience
- Special Events co-ordination and budgeting
- Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills
- Ability to stand and work at functions for up to four hours at a time
- Knowledge and understanding of arts sector, and event industry
- A passion for the arts!
This position has a 40-hour work-week, with occasional evening and weekend work required. A competitive compensation package, including extended health benefits, is offered.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
205 - 8th Ave SE Calgary, Alberta T2G 0K9
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please state the position you are applying for. No phone calls please. We thank all interested applicants in advance, but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.